Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wishing time would stop right in its tracks

Ah, youth.  Even though I am a mere 28 years old I feel like I am growing older by the day.  What do they say? Living to Die?

A bit depressing, but not my intention of this post.  I have 1 and 3 year old boys.  They are growing so fast!  I feel like the sand from our hourglass is slipping right through my hands as I madly try to grasp it.  I have loved every (well, ALMOST every) second spent with them since the moment they were placed in my arms.  Even though time has just gotten better I still wish I could feel the weight of a newborn, and smell my babys' breath again.

I love how animated and full of energy they are.  I love how they sing at the top of their lungs and dance in the kitchen with me.  I love the passion and energy they feel for something as mundane as helping me put the laundry into the washing machine.  I love how much fun they have going on a car ride and the joy the experience when they see a concrete mixer or dump truck.  I want to remember each and every moment.  I wish I could pause, rewind, and play back moments from my life whenever I wished.  Or maybe, just maybe, it is fleeting moments that make life so treasured.   

No comments:

Post a Comment