Monday, September 12, 2011

To.Die.For.Apple Crisp

No.  Joke.  I HATE apple crisp.  A dessert should NOT have the name of a fruit in the title.  A dessert should be rich, indulgent, and include chocolate.  My husband professes not to like dessert (although, mysteriously 1/2 of the cookies I bake disappear when my back is turned....).  He DOES however admit that he has a weakness for 2 desserts.  TWO.  Seriously?  I couldn't even pick my top TEN.  Anyway, those two desserts are Tiramisu (EW.  seriously: who eats coffee drenched cake?)  and apple crisp.  In the 5 years I have known him, I break down and make tiramisu and apple crisp at least 4 or 5 times a year for him.  After 5 years, I have FINALLY come up with the prefect apple crisp.  Yes, we both LOVE it.  I may even make it MORE than 5 times this year ;)  .

Without further ado:
To.Die.For.Apple Crisp

Toss together in a dish:
5-6 apples, peeled and sliced (I used fuji)
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon honey
2/3 cup brown sugar

In a separate dish, combine:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup oats
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking power
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup softened butter
crumble together then pour over apple mixture.

Bake at 350 for 45 min.  Then drizzle with caramel sauce.  Serve with ice cream.  YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment