Friday, August 26, 2011

10 goals for the rest of 2011

Fall is coming... school is starting, the morning air is chilly, the autumn winds of change are in the air.  My husband is currently in college so with his courses, part time job, and my part time job; we spend very little time together during the school year.  That makes me feel bored and alone.  I have decided that rather than sitting on the couch watching tv (you know... the girly shows; bachelorette, grey's anat, private practice, etc) eating chocolate and drinking wine at night after the kiddos go to bed, I will DO something.
Here is my to-do list for the rest of 2011:
- Keep a clean house (this will be hard.... as my only 'free' hours are between 8:30 and 10:00 pm this may take some serious energy)
- EXERCISE daily (walk the boys to the park, do some sit-ups... just get MOVING)
- Sew (this should be interesting... it looks fun, but the thought of threading a sewing machine SCARES me to death)
- Weekly girl time (hey, a girl needs friends.  whether this takes place in the form of nights out or playdates, I am up for either.  the important thing is to talk to another adult)
- Eat less dairy (ugh.  this one will be hard)
- FOCUS on my boys while I am with them.  No computer or phone, just US.
- Complete at least 3 garage projects (i.e. refinish that piano that has been sitting in my garage for the past month....)
- Start to learn a new language (I want my boys to be fluent in at least 3 languages.  I am thinking 30 minutes of study time before they go to bed each night)
- Weekly BALLET classes (dear ballet: I have missed you)
- Last, but not least; DATE nights weekly with my husband.  I NEED that alone time with him.... that means I will have to put aside my paranoid Mama fear of babysitters and FIND one.

Wish me luck.  I will keep you updated ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment