Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My Darlings

I dread the day when I no longer step all over legos and pretzel crumbs.
I dread the night I do not get awoken at 2 a.m. because someone is thirsty or lost their bear.
I dread the morning that I do not wake up at dusk to a little boy who wants to cuddle.
I dread the night I do not tell a bedtime story or sing a lullaby.

I am in awe at how fast my boys are growing up.
I am in wonder at how smart they are.
I am captivated by their innocence and beauty.

I am overcome with gratitude and amazement that I get to experience such a precious and treasured (although fleeting) time in their lives.
Although I look forward to seeing them grow, experience life, and mature; I value this time with them and will dearly miss it when it departs.
Each day is so wonderful that I can't imagine the next day being better.
Yet somehow it always is.

No comments:

Post a Comment